Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oh are you starting a new job? NBD.

#1- Start a new job.

Done!

It feels great to check the first thing off of my list...not to mention one of the hardest! Yesterday was my first day but I was way too exhausted to post. Not just because I have to get up a little earlier...just emotionally exhausted.

I am super excited to be starting and so far I enjoy the work and I see how much I can learn and grow in the position. But there is a reason people stick with their jobs for so long- starting over is hard! New colleagues, new tasks, new procedures...it can make your head spin.

But I think the first day is the hardest. I'm excited to be past that so I can dive in to my new workload. So far I know that I will be writing press releases, drafting letters, coordinating the placement of newspaper ads, and editing and printing flyers from various templates. My two colleagues have design backgrounds so they are happy to turn some of the content writing over to me. I may even be writing the entire newsletter! (So what if its only two pages long?)

I don't have my own office for those of you who were wondering. I share with two other girls. But I do have this fancy nameplate: 


So that's about it. Hopefully this new job will be one of the things that makes 25 a great year for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment