Wednesday, September 18, 2013

List for 26

Making my list for 25 was one of the best things I ever did for myself. It challenged me, it pushed me out of my comfort zone, it helped me grow. Writing it down and sharing it with the world made me accountable for how I spent my time, which made me spend it much more wisely. I highly encourage everyone to try it for themselves.

Even if you have a "bucket list" either written down or in your head, it helps to set more realistic time expectations for yourself. What thing, no matter how big or small, do you want to accomplish this year? This month? TODAY? Carpe diem, YOLO, and all that.

That said, I did make my list a bit smaller this year, because one of the items is very large and time consuming- ie, planning a wedding. Still, I hope to make a list every year from now on, and I hope to inspire others to do the same.

I'll admit that I've already been 26 for a few months at this point. I have secretly been working on some items, but like I said, I need to hold myself accountable. So here it is.

List for 26

1. Read 26 Books
2. Try 26 New Foods
3. Visit a Country I've Never Been To
4. Finish a Work of Fiction from Beginning to End
5. Eat Vegetarian One Day a Week
6. Plan a Wedding
7. Master 10 New Recipes
8. Volunteer 10 Hours
9. Learn a New Skill
10. Start a New Job, Again

I can't wait to once again share my journey with you all! Thanks for reading, and wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment